Modern Calligraphy Workshop : Online Beginners - Course Only
This online course is an introduction to Modern Calligraphy, based on my best-selling and the UK's original modern calligraphy workshop. It's designed to give you a taste of what's involved, covering the basics you need to get started...
- Introduction to the kit and how to use it.
- Learn the basics of the technique with the foundation strokes that you'll need.
- Learn how to construct your uppercase and lower case alphabet.
- Work on word formation and joining letters.
- Understand how to play with the fluidity of your work, for a modern style but still working with the understanding of form and structure.
Online Course FAQs
I've never tried calligraphy before is the course suitable for me?
It really doesn't matter this course will guide you through the basics and get you going on your modern calligraphy journey!
I'm left handed can I still do it?
Yes you can - the kit and this course are equally suited to those who are left or right handed!
I don't know if I have time to practice now, how long can I access it the course for?
Once you sign up for the course, you can log in and use it as and when you like, there is no time limit so it's yours to enjoy learning at your own pace.
How long is it going to take me to be any good at it? Is it super hard?
It's all about practice! The more time you spend practicing your calligraphy the faster you'll improve and the better you'll get! Luckily practicing calligraphy is incredibly relaxing and enjoyable as well as a great way to introduce some mindfulness into your day. Your work will always be developing and improving and you'll be able to see that from one sheet of practice paper to the next.